Woohoo folks we are having a year of amazing LGBTQ+ events in Washington County, ME, see the timeline below ‘BLAZE’!! The Machias Rainbow Con has some wicked good events including a midnight movie showing of the original Rocky Horror Picture Show with help from talented Emcees from the Barn Arts Collective guaranteeing plenty of audience partici…..pation. Once we cover our costs, any additional ticket sales are donations for the Rainbow Ball Weekend, feel free to support us!
Our Celebrity guest on Saturday is none other than the Magdalena Visaggio, author of Kim & Kim comic books, one of the Kims is trans and the other is bi! She’ll be presenting on her work as a trans comic book author, selling her books, and giving autographs. We are also hosting the first gallery show of Kevin Dutil’s beautiful drawings of his GLBTQ Super Heroes also opening the same weekend!
There is much much more: LARPing, Tourneys, Shakespeare’s Star Wars Readers Theater, Cosplay Contest, live music, and a Zombie Fun Run! It’s a beautiful time to visit our coastal area. We’re rustic, gritty, and small but we have really big hearts. Come on out you awesome nerds!
- Tuesday October 11 Training to Support LGBT Youth, Harvest of Ideas at the University of Maine at Machias, Presenters include the Health Equity Alliance, Zack Paakkonen, Portland Legal, local educators and students, CEUs available, contact Sharon Dean at 263-8370 or Sharon.email@example.com.
- Fri-Sun October 14-16 Machias Rainbow Con University of Maine at Machias
- Sunday October 16 Zombie Fun Run Fundraiser for Health Equity Alliance at the University of Maine at Machias
- March 17th , 2017 Community of Hope full day Training to Support LGBT Youth follow up, presenters include Wayne Maines
- April 7-9th, 2017 10th Annual Rainbow Ball Weekend “OUT in Space” University of Maine at Machias, Indigenous Queen Lyzz Bien confirmed keynote speaker! Get your cushy camp mattresses now & this year everyone has to pay $5, so start those bottle drives!